Tuesday, May 12, 2009

LA BBQ Festival

Santa Monica, CA
May 9, 2009
















Gus' BBQ - South Pasadena, CA

Memphis Baby Back Ribs, Carolina Pulled Pork and Baked Beans

Baby back ribs = fall of the bone meat, although quality was hard to determine as ribs were eaten with one hand puncturing with fork while standing. Beans = beany and pulled pork = "meh".
















Baby Blues BBQ - Venice, CA
Memphis Baby Back Ribs with Mac and Cheese

Their ribs were far superior. Apparently, "Memphis" style means a dry rub (heh) smothered in tangy barbecue sauce. Mac and cheese = f me now. I saw them pour a bucket of milky liquid over pasta and bake it while smothering it with cheese. Pour that milky liquid over me baby, anyday.



52 comments:

  1. Mmm, your blog is crazy yummy :D

    Thanks for the comment :D

    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything on your blog looks so delicious,
    I'm getting hungry because of those souffles and chocolate muffins below
    ♥

    http://marleymumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in LA and have not tried any of these places! Gotta try them!
    http://www.justme-bluefemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post made me hungry for some bbq >.< but it's holy week and i can't eat meat yet :|

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Neekoh,
    Thank you for entering the contest that beso.com sponsored on Calivintage. We invite you to enter another contest we're running where you can win a Kitchen Aid Mixer. Our Style Director will be reviewing the entries and choosing the winning recipe. Check it out at: http://www.beso.com/style-director-contest/bake-up-summer-sweets.

    Thanks again,
    Beso.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks yummy!
    your blog is wonderful inspiration, keep it up!
    thanks for sharing as always

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's food like that, that makes me rethink being a vegan ;)

    http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
    new celebrity dress up vlog. good times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you make me hungry with those awesome food snapshots <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That looks absolutely delicious! Great yummy post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww thank you !!
    aaah I wanna be in Santa Monica right Now!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. my mouth actually watered at this post. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice blog !!! I love your taste !

    I'm a fashion photographer.
    visit to see my archive, you will love them!!

    http://streetfsn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the dishes you showed in your blog seam really good!

    Kisses
    Teresa
    http://my-fashion-space.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum x

    www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. crazy cool idea- love all of your foodie review posts.. the food looks absolutely deliciousss
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. seem so delicioco...

    wanna exchange link and follow me??

    ReplyDelete
  17. wholesale fashion accessories jewelry , almost 0.1$/pcs--2.9$/pcs

    website: katherine-fashionshop3.blogspot.com

    contact us :Msn: natonato1985@gmail.com Email : natonato1985@gmail.com Custom service : 86-0797-8130441

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks pretty good!


    xx

    D E G A I N E

    http://www.fashiondegaine.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. that looks amazing! mmmmm


    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes I dream about living in California...ahhh the lovely dish you have looks so de-lish! Go mac-n-cheese...about to go make some now. Thanks for the reminder :D

    ♡,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow. somehow I missed this, and that makes me sad

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahahah
    I'm hungry now

    ♥ Marley

    ReplyDelete
  23. The food looks yummy, especially the dessert down below. Thanks for sharing the photos, and drop by me too when you have time.

    Cheers-

    ReplyDelete
  24. *drools* lol! :) :) ♥ xxxx www.makinglifemorebeautiful.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG, I wish I was there!

    xoxo,
    Froso from Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  26. wonderful post!
    HI! my name's martina and I come form Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want, follow me! I wait you and your tips!
    kiss kiss
    marti
    glamour marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'll have'em all...NOW! :o) Looks so tasty!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. MMmmmmm. I love bbq. It's been awhile since I've been in Santa Monica. Need to go back.

    (I am having a buffalo tooth necklace give-away if you're interested!)
    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete
  29. MMMMM. This looks absolutely delectable!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. that looks good :)

    xxx

    ps: You can join our $25 gift card giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  31. yum! all this bbq looks amazing!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love BBQ food! I really like your blog! It would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits and more :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like such a great time, and yummy too!
      http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

      Delete